- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Explore Abu Simbel’s Great Temple of Ramses II and smaller Temple of Hathor, Egypt’s most-visited sites after the Great Pyramids.
Learn the history and mysteries of Egypt while travelling with our private Egyptologist.
Discover, how Ramses II angled and oriented the entire temple so that the sun’s rays would align twice a year.
You will be met by Our tour manager and expert Egyptologist guide then transferred to the temples of Abu Simbel. Abu Simbel temples are arguably considered the most impressive ancient sites and second Egypt's most visited sites after the Great Pyramids. Abu Simbel temples were constructed and dedicated to King Ramses II, Hathor, his beloved wife - Queen Nefertari and they are an incredible sight to behold.
Your guide will explain the history of the site, including details of the UNESCO-led relocation of the entire cliff face to higher ground, and how Ramses II carefully angled and oriented the whole temple in order that the sun’s rays would align twice a year on his date of ascension to the throne (on 22nd February) and his birthday (on 22nd October) and illuminate the inner sanctum of the temple .
In 1972 the temple was relocated, therefore the sun now strikes a day later than Ramses had initially planned. After visiting the temples, there may be time for a short visit to the small visitor’s centre which documents the UNESCO relocation project, before returning to the minibus for the drive back to Aswan. The ride is approximately three hours each way.
- Pick up from your hotel or port & Return
- All service charges and taxes.
- All entrance fees included
- Private Egyptologist guide in multiple languages (English, French, German, Spanish and Italian)
- Free time to tour inside both temples
- All transfers are by air-conditioned van.
- NB: Select your prefered language guide and advise in your request.
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Gratuities (recommended).
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing